Would you like to study in Romania?
Authentic, Natural and Cultural are the words that best capture the essence of Romania, a dynamic country rich in history, arts and scenic beauty. Romania may not be as well-known as other European countries, but that doesn’t mean it’s an insignificant part of the world. The country is culturally rich and holds historical significance that most people are unaware of.
Nowadays Higher Education represents an area of excellence in Romania. In the past decades thousands and thousands of students from all over the world came to study in all of the 29 Romanian academic centres.
What do the international students find in Romania?
A wonderful blend of tradition and modernity, vitality and performance along with traditional and new campuses.To the traditional areas of study and research (Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Aerospace Engineering, Architecture, Economy, Oil and Gas, Chemistry, Computer Science, Civil Engineering), we have recently added new ones: Information Technology, Genetics, Biotechnologies, Communication Sciences, and many more.
Education in Romania is relatively cheap compared to other European countries. Currently, in Romania there are more than:
- 56 higher education institutions accredited (49 civilian institutions of higher education in state universities and 7 military)
- 26 accredited private institutions of higher education
- 6 graduate schools.
Education in Romania: three cycles: Bachelor studies with length depending on the specialty:
- 6 semesters (3 years) for sciences, humanities, social and economic, law, political science, fine arts and sport; 8 semesters (4 years) for technological sciences, engineering, technical Ingenerie, agriculture and forestry; 12 semesters (six years) for general medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and architecture.
- University studies of master: 2 years.
- Postgraduate doctoral studies (PhD): 3-4 years, which can be organized (except medical school) as regular courses, courses in reduced frequency air online at the universities or research institutes.